The World Food Championships is the largest competition in Food Sport
Has Orange Beach, AL been on your bucket list? Have you dreamt about the stunning white sand beaches, freshest seafood, the one of a kind sunrises and the warm waters of Gulf of Mexico? Let me add The World Food Championships as another reason to put Orange Beach on your fall bucket list.
If you’re here reading Passports and Grub that means we have food and travel in common. As a foodie and traveler, you will not want to miss the 2018 World Food Championships that are going to take place November 7 – 12 in beautiful Orange Beach at The Wharf.
After attending last year I was completely blown away by the talent and skill set of both the home cooks and professional chefs. Click here check out how much fun I had last year at the largest competition in food sport.
A Little Bit about the World Food Championships
The World Food Championships is the largest competition in food sport, where champions of previous events convene for a chance at winning the ultimate food crown and a share a grand prize of $300,000. If you are like my husband who only loves fried chicken and BBQ or you are a mom who has wooed friends and family with your dishes The World Food Championships has something for everyone.
The World Food Championships has left no stone unturned to keep its viewers entertained from live-events, media summit and of course the competitions which include steak, bacon, desserts, and barbecue just to name a few.Travel Blogger World Food Championships
WFC Creates Stars
In four short years, WFC has awarded more than $1 million in prizes and money, TV series, garnered more than 5 billion media impressions and launched numerous professional careers including Suzanne Clark of Living a Creative Life with Suzanne Clark.
Here are my Top Reasons for attending the World Food Championships:
- Become a certified Judge: The World Food Championships offers a class that trains foodies in its very own EAT™ methodology, the scoring system that allows any WFC entry to be judged consistently using three key criteria: Execution, Appearance, and Taste. The class is taught by a WFC associate or professional chef and will be interactive and fun for attendees! Only judges who become EAT™ certified will be eligible to enjoy judging privileges at WFC. Who hasn’t dreamed of pretending like they are a judge on Chopped?
- Learn from the professionals! Most foodies think they can cook but what if you could actually watch live and in person as chefs from around the world prepared perfectly crafted dishes that you could only dream of preparing.
- Eat Like you are Queen Bey: Have you watched those shows where they showcase some of the expensive dishes from around the world? At the World Food Championships, you will be able to taste what a $100,000 meal will do for your taste buds. Buy your ticket for the Sysco VIP lounge and as the contestants finish their dishes they will be passed around so you can savor the flavor of each dish while enjoying complimentary cocktails.
- Bourbon Tasting: Not only do you get to taste delicious dishes but I also had my first taste of Bourbon! The folks over at Woodford Reserve hung out in the Sysco VIP lounge and offered us a short course on understanding bourbon what dishes pair with bourbon.
- The Tasting Village: The Tasting Village is my favorite event at The World Food Championships and it was bigger than ever this year. The Tasting Village offers savory and delicious samples from local, regional and national food brands for the low price of just $5! Get your ticket now! (Order online.
If you are a foodie looking for an unforgettable experience to see home cooks and professional chefs in their element preparing some of the best dishes you will ever taste. What could be better than that? Watching the Food Network film them in action and who knows you might just be the next Food Network star to be discovered.Travel Blogger World Food Championships
If you decide you need to schmooze with celebrities and dine aboard a yacht, there is the Yacht Club Dinner Party where diners will enjoy conversing with celebrity chefs and home cooks. (Click here for more information and to purchase tickets for 2018 Yacht Club Dinner Party.
Book your room! The Turquoise Place is centrally located along the white sandy beaches of Orange Beach, AL. The condos are luxurious with 3, 4 and 5 bedroom residences with all of the luxuries one could ask for with world-class amenities. Click here to find great deals and make sure you let me know you coming for the for the World Food Championship. Travel Blogger World Food Championships
Reserve your room now so that you won’t miss any of the fun and check out my post on 7 Reasons to visit the Gulf Coast. travel Blogger World Food Championships
For special event tickets and more information on WFC, visitwww.worldfoodchampionships.com.